Hi, I’m Katie Ackerley, a 22 year old graduate from the Wirral (near Liverpool) who is currently attempting to live in Wellington, NZ. Follow me on my journey as I try to leave the real world behind in favour of adventure and my fair share of mishaps.
- I started blogging because I felt like it was mean to subject my housemates to endless rants and sarcasm when I could, in fact, be inflicting that pain on the whole of the internet instead. I was tired of editors always telling me I had to be positive in my reviews. Positivity often isn’t amusing. That was back when I was working as a music critic, before I realised I don’t actually know that many words to describe music.
- I play Ultimate Frisbee, sometimes for Great Britain. It sounds awful but it’s pretty fun, if you like driving to a different city every weekend and throwing around a piece of plastic, which incidentally I do. Or at least I like the people I do it with.
- I’m the laziest international athlete you will ever meet. My diets last around 3 days and I attend approximately 12% of my planned gym sessions. One time I didn’t eat a vegetable for a month.
- I don’t like sad or scary movies. Sad and scared are both negative emotions and I have no idea why people make themselves feel that way on purpose.
- I sometimes dream in cartoon. Cartoon me is just as ridiculous as actual me.
- I’m terrified of fish because they can breathe underwater so I’m scared they’ll beat me in an ocean battle.
- I’m a horrendous cook. My idea of a gourmet meal is turkey dinosaurs and smiley faces and I’m pretty damn good at making it.
- I wrote my university dissertation thesis on Disney movies. Yes I did a real degree.
I’m always happy to talk to brands and bloggers about collaborations and PR opportunities. Check out my work with me page to see some previous projects.